Stateline is a crescent shaped wrap, using a variety of textured stitches to add interest and motion. You can easily add your personal stamp by combining a variety of worsted bases and colors, as well as choosing from one of the three bind off methods included in this pattern. Elegant and understated when knit in a single color, this wrap is just as beautiful when worked in a gradient or an exciting combination of eye popping colors. You decide!
• 3-Color Version: Plucky Knitter Snug Worsted (70% merino, 20% cashmere, 10% alpaca; 230 yd / 210 m): Wintry Mix, (MC) 1 skein, Thank You Note (C1) and Grumpy Old Sailor (C2) 2 skeins each. (Approx 150 yd / 125 m of MC and 325 yd / 300 m of C1 and C2 of worsted weight yarn)
• 1-Color Version: Plucky Knitter Cachet (100% cashmere;180 yd / 165 m): Hudson, (MC) 4 skeins. (Approx 700 yd / 650 m of worsted weight yarn)
• 15 sts and 22 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Broken Rib 3x1 blocked
• US 8 (5.0 mm), 36” / 91 cm circular (circ) needle (or longer to accommodate the large number of stitches)—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Stitch markers
• Tapestry needle
• Approx 76” / 193 cm wide x 18” / 46 cm deep Gauge is not crucial for this project, but changes might result in a larger/smaller shawl which may change the amount of yarn required.