Sugarloaf Hat & Mittens
This is a web bonus pattern for the September 2011 issue of Creative Knitting.
- Hat circumference: 17 (19) inches
- Mittens: 9 (11) inches long
- 2 balls Bordeaux #23877 (MC)
- 1 ball Lemongrass Heather #24093 (A)
- 1 ball Delft Heather #24095 (B)
- 1 ball Squirrel Heather #24090 (C)
- Size 6 (4mm) 16-inch circular and double-point needles
- Stitch markers
- Safety pin
- 3-inch-wide piece of cardboard (for pompom)
This cozy set is covered with colorful non-traditional fair-isle designs, such as checkerboards, diamonds and chevron stripes, and is topped with a multi-colored pompom.
This set will warm up the fall-winter landscape with its bright bursts of color. It can be worn by men, women and children. You can incorporate everyone’s favorite colors. The changing patterns and colors will give the knitter enough of a challenge to keep it interesting.