Susan's Eriskay Gansey
This gansey is Beth’s interpretation of a Scottish Eriskay
gansey from Rae Compton’s book, The Complete
Book of Traditional Guernsey and Jersey Knitting.
- The Channel Island Cast-On
- Circular Construction
- Garter Stitch Alphabet for Initials
- The Perpendicular Shoulder Join
- Shoulder Strap Neck Gussets
- Optional Short Row Shaping
Note from Beth…I highly recommend this sweater be knitted in Frangipani Guernsey yarn, or one of the other traditional Guernsey yarns. The result is more traditional, the motifs will be clear and crisp and the sweater will last a lifetime!