Erssie blends traditions with a Peruvian-style hat that features Native American inspired and Aztec inspired motifs.
Note: Yarn is listed as DK or 8ply, but actually knits to a light worsted gauge.
• 1 1 3/4oz/50g hank (each approx 109yd/100m) of Classic Elite Inca Alpaca (baby alpaca) each in #1198 persimmon (MC) and #1142 cajamaica maroon (CC) YARN WT = 4
• One size 7 (4.5mm) circular needle, 16”/40cm long, OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• One set (5) size 7 (4.5mm) double-pointed needles (dpns)
• Size G/6 (4mm) crochet hook
• Stitch marker
• Removeable stitch markers or small safety pins
• Buttonhole thread (any color). Erssie didn’t use this and used strands of yarn for all the sewing.
• Sewing needle
20 sts and 24 rnds = 4”/10cm over chart pats using size 7 (4.5mm) needle.
TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE.