Taste of Americana Hearth Rug
The rich colors with tonal variations enhance the rustic, handmade look of this hearth rug.
32 inches wide x 52 inches long (before felting)
27 inches wide x 49 1/2 inches long (after felting)
- Brown Sheep Lanaloft (chunky weight; 100% wool; 160 yds/ 200g per hank): 2 hanks each rose blush #LL68 (A), violet shimmer #LL97 (B), herbal garden #LL91 (E) and smoke #LL06 (F); 1 hank each turquoise magic #LL92 (C) and chameleon green #LL99 (D)
- Size 10 (6mm) straight, 24- and 40-inch circular needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Extra knitting needle 1 size larger than size used to obtain gauge for 3-needle bind-off
- Stitch markers
- Wool-wash soap for felting (such as Eucalan or any other soap that is low suds)
- Rustproof T-pins for blocking
14 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches/ 10cm in garter st (before felting).
15 sts and 30 rows = 4 inches/ 10cm in garter st (after felting).
To save time, take time to check gauge.