Download through my blog Back To MONO!
Thanks to girlwhopurls for the beautiful modelled photos - and of course a thank you to everyone that lends theire photos! =)
From the pattern:
“This is a simple yet cool looking brimmed hat, that can be used both as a cap and as a hat. On cold days the ribbed band can be pulled down over the ears for extra warmth! Make sure you make one in a colour you know you get to keep for yourself! lol
The brim is knit first and then the hat is knit top-down.
Materials needed: - 100 gr/240 m DK weight yarn. I used New Lanark Donegal Silketweed for a large hat and two threads thin wool/fingering weight held together for a medium sized hat.
- 4 DPNs, size 4 mm.
- 3 mm DPNs will be needed to attach the brim. Possibly also a small crochet-hook.
- 4 mm circular needles, 40 cm and 80 cm.
- 3 mm circular needle, 40 cm.
- Scrap yarn as stitchmarkers and st-holders.
- A plastic brim, cut out of a large plastic bottle. Plastic canvas might also work. Templates for both a Large and a Medium sized brim can be found on the last page in the pattern.
- Thin elastic thread for the band - optional.
The entire contents of this pattern and the knitted design to which it refers are subject to copyright. In downloading this pattern you agree to use this pattern for your personal non-commercial use only.
If you want to make one for a friend that does not knit – that
s fine! =)
Photos can be found on my website:
I have been informed about a typo in the info: It says: “4DPNs, size 4mm. 3 med mer DPNs might be needed to attach the brim”. It should of course be “3 mm DPNs might be needed to attach the brim.” lol
When starting at Step 3: Cast on 3 stitches on 4 mm DPNs!
Step 4: Row 1 should read: (k2, p2t) till end of row, and NOT (k1, p2t) till end of row…