Welcome! You are browsing as a guestWould you like to see 60 projects made from this pattern and much more? join Ravelry now What am I missing?
The Log Cabin Afghan Revisited
An exploration of the traditional Log Cabin square; includes instructions for two sizes and suggestions for different layouts/motifs.
Sizes and Measurements (approx)
- Baby Afghan / Lap Robe - 40” x 40” with border (102 x 102 cm)
- Full-Size - 48” x 66” (122 x 168 cm)
- A square is about 9” (23 cm)
- Use worsted weight yarn, either from stash or selected color scheme.
- Traditionally, 13 colors are used, with red or yellow as the center square, and alternating light and dark colors.
Needles and Gauge
- US sizes 6 (4 mm), 7 (4.5 mm), or 8 (5 mm) are recommended.
- Average gauge is 4.5 stitches per 1 inch (2.5 cm)