The Noble Ladies: Empress Catherine the Great Hats
This pattern features a helmet and a beanie, each based on the Textured Swags motif. Each is shown in Twisted Fiber Art’s super bulky-weight Empress yarn. Each of the hats is designed to fully use one evolution-sized skein of this yarn, about 65 yards.
Special features of the pattern are:
• The helmet is designed with three swags, one on the forehead and one fully covering each ear. This makes a very warm hat with completely integrated earflaps.
• The beanie has one swag which can be worn on either side, in the front, or even in the back. The rest of the beanie is in very stretchy Knit 2, Purl 1 ribbing.
This pattern will soon be available from Twisted Fiber Art as part of the Noble Ladies kit, to be introduced in late January 2012. This kit consists of:
• DK weight yarn, TFA Duchess self-striping, together with a pattern for fingerless mitts.
• Aran weight yarn, TFA Queen in long stripes, together with a pattern for a reversible scarf.
• Super bulky yarn, TFA Empress, in an evolution, together with a pattern for your choice between two hats.
All three patterns feature the same stitch motif.