The Noble Ladies: Queen Christina Scarf
This pattern features Textured Swags - an original stitch pattern in an unusual three-row repeat that results in a completely reversible fabric. The scarf as shown is in a Twisted Fiber Art self-striping Aran-weight yarn which complements the stitch pattern perfectly.
Special features of the pattern are:
• Two versions are included:
o A straightforward version which is knit from one end to the other. Instructions are included to make the bind-off as similar as possible to the cast-on, but due to the fact that this is a ripple stitch pattern, the two ends will be somewhat different.
o A version where you cast on each end and work towards the middle. Instructions are given for filling in the dips before the two ends are grafted together in stockinette.
• A complete list of terms. Includes a link to Tech Knitter’s brilliant method of grafting on the knitting needles, with no yarn needle involved.
• The pattern is arranged so that all the information you need for either variation is on a single page, so you can print only that one page.
This pattern will soon be available from Twisted Fiber Art as part of the Noble Ladies kit, to be introduced in late January 2012. This kit consists of:
• DK weight yarn, TFA Duchess self-striping, together with a pattern for fingerless mitts.
• Aran weight yarn, TFA Queen in long stripes, together with a pattern for a reversible scarf.
• Super bulky yarn, TFA Empress, in an evolution, together with a pattern for your choice between two hats.
All three patterns feature the same stitch motif.