The Secret Garden
“If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden is a beautiful crescent shape shawl that both enjoyable to make and easy to wear.
This shawl is designed with lace weight yarn in mind, but there is no reason why you could not crochet it in a heavier weight yarn as long as adjust your yardage and hook size.
As with all my other patterns, this pattern comes with row-by-row written direction in US crochet term and charts.
Suggested yarn: Rendezvous Pleasure Lace
Yardage needed: See Table
Finished Sizes (in blocking board):
Wingspan: 35.4 (44.9, 54.3, 63.8)” / 90 (114, 138, 162) cm.
Length at center back: 15.7 (20.5, 25.2, 29.9)” / 40 (52, 64, 76) cm.
Hook: 3.75 mm (F) (adjust hook size accordingly if you use thicker yarn).
Notion: Removable stitch markers, size 8 beads (optional, see table).
The Mystery CAL is divided into 4 Clues published every Thursday starting on September 11.
1st clue: September, 11
2nd clue: September, 25
3rd clue: October, 2
4th clue: October, 9
To participate into “The Secret Garden” Mystery CAL, there are 3 options:
You can buy the “The Secret Garden” kit from my Etsy store. The kit includes hand-dyed yarn Rendezvous Pleasure, clues, beads and 2 strands of dental floss and FREE shipping to anywhere in the world. There are 8 kits available.
- The kits are in limited quantity, once sold out, it’s gone.
- For bigger yarn photos, click here.
- Payment by Paypal, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted. The pattern will be sent to you via Ravelry and the yarn will be sent to your address (please make sure to update your shipping address in Paypal). Please allow 10 - 21 days to reach your hand.
- Latest date to order: August 10, 2014.
- Link to my etsy store
Buy 2 skeins of any yarns in my Etsy shop, you will get the pattern for free. Latest date to order August 21, 2014.
You can buy the clues only for USD 6,- or the e-book for USD 18,- Payment by Paypal and delivery by Ravelry, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted.
Note: If you bought Proud as A Peacock in the past, you will automatically get a USD 6 discount if you buy the e-book.
- Once you bought the clues or the yarn, you’ll receive a notification every time a new clue is uploaded.
- You also need to sign up here.
- On your Ravelry Project Page: Click photo, then choose slurp from web, copy and paste this link: http://images4-b.ravelrycache.com/uploads/lprajogo/240938...
At the end of the KAL, the participants will receive a copy of the complete pattern at no additional cost. Pattern is protected by copyright, so participants in the KAL are required to not distribute copies of the clues or copies of the whole pattern.
Info about the yarn for the kit:
Weight: Lace Fibers: 40% Cashmere/60% Silk
Yardage/Weight: approx. 800 m / 100g
Hand Wash/lay flat to dry using bleach-free detergent.
May bleed slightly upon first wash.