The Single-Twist Headband by Davina Choy
Welcome! You are browsing as a guest
Would you like to see 8 projects made from this pattern and much more? create a free account What am I missing?

The Single-Twist Headband

Knitting
July 2014
KPC Yarns Novomerino Aran
Aran (8 wpi) ?
18 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches
in Stockinette Stitch
US 9 - 5.5 mm
100 - 110 yards (91 - 101 m)
One Size

Like a good statement necklace, the Single-Twist Headband can elevate even the simplest outfit, like the white tank that model Lucy is wearing!

Knit in soft cotton, it’s the perfect accessory to keep post-workout hair sleek and organised. In fall and winter, break out the merino and the alpacas and - if you’re in the pampering mood - the cashmere and knit this puppy up as a chic and functional head warmer.

For 80% of the project, the Single-Twist Headband is all easy ribbing. The other 20% involves some slightly advanced techniques in the form of the provisional cast on and kitchener stitch. And – oh yeah! – working with stitch holders to get that singular twist!

The samples are knit with two balls of KPC Yarns Novomerino in aran weight, a super smooth and luxe-feeling merino yarn in colorway Pepper and Parrot.

The Single-Twist Headband pattern is part of a video series on the e-learning site Skillshare. In addition to a PDF pattern, the course includes a video tutorial that walks you through the provisional cast on, the kitchener stitch and how to get that statement-making twist!

Important Note: You have to sign up for a free one-week trial of Skillshare in order to access this pattern. During your trial you get unlimited access to this pattern (PDFs and tutorial videos) as well as hundreds of other courses on the site. Before your week ends you can cancel your membership and you won’t be charged at all unless you decide to take the plunge into full membership.

Check out more info here: http://sheepandstitch.com/skillshare-knitting-courses/