The Stacy Shawl
This shawl is knit from side-to-side from the cabled neck edge to the bottom lace edging beginning at one tapered edge to the other in one piece.
The pattern is designed to accommodate any type of yarn and written specifically written to showcase one version made with lace weight yarn held double and another in worsted weight.
• Approximately 800 yards (yarn held double) Lace weight yarn (Cascade Alpaca Lace) and Size 4.0 mm (US 6) needles or
• Approximately 500 yards Worsted weight yarn (Cascade Heathers) and Size 5.5 mm (US 9) needles
• Cable needle & stitch markers
• 22 sts/4 inches and 28 rows/4 inches blocked across stockinette (lace weight)
• 15.5 sts/4 inches and 18 rows/4 inches blocked across stockinette (worsted)
• Blocked the overall length is 68 inches long and 18.5 inches deep at the widest part down the middle (lace weight)
• Blocked the overall length is 76 inches long and 20 inches deep at the widest part down the middle (worsted)