Three Deep Waves Beaded Bracelet
This opulent beaded bracelet, based on garter stitch (knit every row), is quick and easy to work up, and an excellent introduction to knitting with beads. The beads added on every row give a three-dimensional quality to the piece, and the weight of the beads give the bracelet a great drape. The shape of the bracelet is created by varying the number of beads on each row. The beads themselves lie between the stitches so the number of knitted stitches remains constant on each row, eliminating the need for shaping within the knitted fabric.
* Cast on
* Cast off (bind off)
* Place a bead between knit stitches (instructions included in pattern)
* 1 x 10g (82m / 91 yds) ball Anchor Pearl Cotton No. 8 (also called Coton Perlé) in green (One 10g ball will make several bracelets)
* 1740 (approx. 18g) x size 11 seed beads in green
* Two 1.25mm (US Size 0000) knitting needles
* 1 x 9mm (0.4 inch) press-stud (snap fastener)
* Sewing needle and thread of a similar colour to your knitting cotton
* Beading needle and length of sewing thread to aid threading of beads
Any other crochet cotton of a similar thickness would be appropriate. A non-stretchy yarn works best for this design since otherwise the weight of the beads would distort the bracelet.
The finished bracelet measures 17cm (6.75 inches) long, is 3.75cm (1.5 inches) wide at the widest point, and 2cm (0.75 inches) wide at the narrowest point.
Approximately 7 stitches and 10 rows to 1cm in garter stitch (knit every row) using 1.25mm needles.
The tension (gauge) for this pattern is not critical since plain knit rows can easily be added in. Add more rows immediately after the cast on before the pattern begins, and add a similar number of rows immediately before the cast off. If the bracelet is coming out too long, simply omit 2 rows (or 4 if it is going to be really long) from each section of the pattern.
All rights reserved. This pattern is for personal use only. This pattern, items made from this pattern or any portion of pattern or item may not be resold, or otherwise used for profit without express permission from the designer. This pattern may also not be distributed for free by any individual or shop without permission.