Tiny Crochet Cars
These Tiny Crochet Cars work up in a jiffy. They are perfect for stocking-stuffers and take-along toys. And don’t for a moment suppose that they are just for boys! I’ve seen a few girls’ faces light up when they see these :)
Using the hook and yarn specified, these little cars work up to 7.5 cm (3″).
The pattern for the Tiny Crochet Cars is suitable for Advanced Beginners.
This pattern contains no less than 36 (!) progress photos, so even if your English isn’t great, you should still be able to figure it out.
You can customize the tiny crochet cars in any way you fancy. You could add wipers, numberplates, a little bumper, maybe? Or what about racing stripes (thanx Connie!) or little cartoon faces?
Whichever way you choose to make them, they will go down a treat!
You will need to know:
- How to make short rows – don’t freak out. Short rows are just rows that do not begin/end where rows traditionally begin and end. If you have never used short rows, this pattern is the perfect vehicle (sorry, couldn’t resist) to get you more comfortable/confident in the use of the technique. Each step is well illustrated!
- How to make single crochet stitches
- How to work into the back loop only AND how to make front-post stitches
- How to increase
- How to work in the round
- 4 mm Crochet Hook
- Double knit yarn in 3 colours – one for the body, one for the windows and one for the wheels
- Yarn needle
- A piece of scrap yarn to use as a st marker
- Optional: 4 Buttons for the wheels
I hope you enjoy this little stash-buster. Please remember to share your Ravelry projects if you do end up making one (or six) of them.