Tipperary Child's Sweater
Pattern description from The Celtic Collection: “One of my favourite aspects of the Book of Kells is the menagerie of fantastic, acrobatic little creatures which inhabit almost every page of text, sometimes curled into the initial letter of a sentence, but almost as often just filling a space. They have an undoubted aura of fun and mischief which makes them perfect images for a child’s sweater. Here I have used four figures at random on the back and front of this design.”
- To fit age 4-5 (6-7, 8-9)
- Underarm 76 (82, 90) cm/30 (32½, 35½)”
- Length from top of shoulder 38 (40, 42) cm/15 (15¾, 16½)”
- Sleeve length 29 (31.5, 34) cm/11½ (12½, 13½)”
- Yarn: Rowan Donegal Tweed;Silk/Wool; Botany.
- A. Juniper Donegal Tweed (482) 300 (325, 350)g; B. Royal Blue Silk/Wool (848) 20g; C. Purple Silk/Wool (841) 20g; D. Fuchsia Silk/Wool (843) 20g; E. Madder Red Botany (45) 25g; F. Gold Botany (525) 25g; G. Leaf Green Botany (605) 25g; H. Pale Yellow Botany (6) 25g
- Note: All yarns are used doubled throughout.
- 1 Pair each 3¾mm (US5) and 4½mm (US7) needles.
- 2 Stitch holders.
- Stitch markers.
- Darning needle.