- st - stitch
- k - knit
- p - purl
- k2tog - knit 2 together
- k1fb- Knit through front and back of a st to make one.
Knit yourself an adorable totoro hat using two colors of yarn. This hat is adult sized. It measures 8 by 9 inches (9 being across the totoro, 8 being brim to top, not including pompom) with NO stretch applied and laid flat. It stretches 2 inches in each direction and easily fits on my 23 inch adult head.
Gauge: measured in the stranded colorwork section is 5 sts an inch using the 4.5 mm knitting needles.
This tutorial comes with a free video tutorial on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQwkGSDs9e4
You will need:
- 300 yards of worsted weight yarn. (200 main color, 100 contrast color)
- Size 4mm double pointed knitting needles for the brim
- Size 4.5mm double pointed knitting needles for the colorwork section and for the top of the hat.
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends.
- A head to put the finished item on.