Traveling Cable Hat
- 1 (2) skein(s) of Purl Soho’s Alpaca Pure, 100% alpaca. I used the color Heirloom White for the Baby Hat and Artemisia for the Adult Hat.
- A US #5, 20-inch circular needle
- A US #6, 20-inch circular needle
- A set of US #6 double pointed needles
- Ribbing: 22 stitches = 3 inches in rib pattern (unstretched), using the smaller needles
- Body: 30 stitches and 14 rows = 3 ½ inches by 2 1/8 inches in cable stitch pattern, using the larger needles
To fit head circumference 14–16 (20–23) inches
When knitting the body of the hat, I found it helpful to separate each repeat (30 stitches) of the cable pattern with a stitch marker. (Just be sure to use a different color marker for the end of the round!) Alternatively, you could knit the whole hat on double pointed needles and put each repeat on its own double pointed needle.