The Trusty Hat was named after one of my favorite yarns: Trusty has a lovely hand, it’s soft and lofty but manages to wear well. The cable stitch pattern really pops and is incredibly fast and easy, and best of all it is fully reversible - just turn it inside out for a new look!
- 50 - 60 g Plucky Trusty (or other worsted wool)
- US6 (4 mm) - 16 in (40 cm) circular needles, or needles required to reach gauge
- US6 (4 mm) double pointed or longer circular needles for decreases
- Recommended: US5 (3.75 mm) - 16 in (40 cm) circular needles for brim
- Stitch marker
- Child, head size 18” - 20.5” (46 cm - 52 cm)
- Adult Medium, head size 21” - 23” (53 cm - 58 cm)
- Adult Large, head size 23” - 25” (58 cm - 63 cm)
Material & Gauge Modifications for Slouchy Fit
- US7 (4.5 mm) - 16 in (40 cm) circular needles, or needles required to reach gauge for body.
- US5 (3.75 mm) - 16 in (40 cm) circular needles for snugging the brim.
- Gauge in stockinette, blocked: 18 st / 4 in (10 cm)
- Instructions for slouchy fit modifications included in pattern
Pattern includes cable charts