Aran pullover with dropped shoulders and wide cable motif.
Pattern Description from A Fine Fleece: “With Two Hearts I set out to design a sweater of pure love… . The more I look at these cables, the more hearts I find. The loose braid resembles an abstract heart and within the basic element of the Saxon braid you can see a small heart nestled within a larger one… . I chose to leave the central panel alone within the plain stockinette canvas, and it looks as if it were carved in stone, extending the image of divine permanence. The rolled stockinette edge as opposed to a traditional ribbing was to give the pullover added softness, and the organic shaping at the lower edge is a bonus design element.”
Skill Level: Experienced
- Chest 38 (42, 46, 50)” (96.5 (106.5, 117, 127cm)
- Length 23 (23, 25.5, 25.5)” (58.5 58.5, 65, 65)cm)
- Note The length from the shoulder can be varied by 2.5” (6.5cm) by working more or less repeats of the pattern charts. Please allow extra yardage for additional length.
Yarn: #4 medium
- 1400 (1500, 1700, 1800) yds (1280 1372, 1555, 1646m) worsted weight
- 8 (8, 9, 10) skeins Brown Sheep Company Lamb’s Pride Worsted, 4 oz (113g) skeins, each approximately 190 yds (173m), 85% wool 15% mohair, M34 Victorian Pink
Needles and Notions:
- US size 5 (3.75mm) knitting needles
- US size 7 (4.5mm) knitting needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
- US size 5 (3.75mm) 24” (60cm) circular needle
- Cable needle
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle