INTRODUCTION FROM KNITTY
Uljhan is Hindi for “Entanglement” or “In two minds”. This fun beanie features a play on a 2x2 rib, using two colors of yarn. It also uses a 1x1 cable at specified intervals, to form a pretty pattern over the body of the beanie. The pattern was born primarily out my necessity of a warm hat for my son. The colorwork makes for a very cozy inner fabric and should keep my son warm and toasty in the extreme winters here in Canada. The choice of the two colors of yarn highlights the stitch pattern, and the ribbing provides a great fit for the wearer.
Circumference: 11 (13, 15.5, 16.75, 19, 21, 23.5) inches
Depth: 4.25 (5, 6, 6.75, 7.25, 8.25, 9.25) inches
Choose a size closest to or a little smaller than your head circumference.
Cascade Yarns 220 Wool (100% wool; 220 yds/201 m per 100g skein)
spacer MC Black; 1 skein – Approx. 45 (50, 60, 65, 75, 80, 90) yds
spacer CC Orange; 1 skein – Approx. 30 (35, 40, 45, 50, 55) yds
Hop on over to my group here. to say hello and share your lovely projects!
October 2014: ERRATA for Knitty version (Also HERE on my blog)
- Title is misspelt on Knitty as Ulijhan
- There are some places where numbers for only six sizes are given instead of seven. Here are the corrections:
- Under Cuff - Work Ribbing as set for 1(1, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.75, 1.75) inches.
- Under Establish Body Pattern, work said number of rounds from chart until hat measures approximately 4(4, 5.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.75, 8.75) inches from CO (Whole paragraph is repeated twice)
- Rnd 2 of crown decrease ends with 30(36, 42, 46, 52, 58, 64)sts
- For crown decreases cut MC not CC. The decreases will be carried through in CC
January 2015: PDF pattern is now available with the latest updates.