This select pattern is included in the Indie Design Gift-A-Long! You are invited join us at http://www.ravelry.com/groups/indie-design-gift-a-long to participate. There will be hundreds of prizes, beautiful projects, access to your fave Indie Designers, and heaps of friendly, giftie chatter.
The Vertebrae Pullover is a fun to knit, classic garment that transcends time. It features a beautiful vertebrae-like cable that runs up the front and back which is flanked by smaller cables and the sleeves have a cable running up to the neckline. This pullover is worked seamlessly, in the round, with raglan shaping up the where the v-neck splits, and then the garment is worked seamlessly, back and forth.
Minimal finishing is required, making this garment fairly quick to knit!
Finished Chest - 32(36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56)”
81.25c(91.5, 101.5, 112, 122, 132, 142)cm
Aran weight yarn;
- 985(1070, 1150, 1230, 1310, 1475, 1640)yards
- 900(975, 1050, 1125, 1200, 1350, 1500)meters
Needles & Notions:
• US 7 (4.5mm) circular needles OR size needed to obtain gauge; 16” (40cm) & 32” (80cm) lengths
• US 8 (5mm) circular needles OR 2 sizes smaller than size needed to obtain gauge; 16” (40cm) &
32” (80cm) lengths
• Cable needle
• Stitch markers; 8 to mark cable sections, 4 to ark raglans
• Waste yarn
• Tapestry needle
Techniques & Stitches Used:
- 2x2 rib
- Cable stitches
- M1L & M1R
- k2tog & ssk
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate