Pattern Description from Interweave Knits, Fall 2006: “A springy medium-weight merino yarn shows off the rich tapestry of textural detail in Shirley Paden’s hooded pullover. An allover twining cable pattern alternates small seed-stitch-filled diamonds with larger diamonds that frame leaf motifs constructed of cables, lace, and bobbles. Seed-stitch panels along the sides allow waist shaping that doesn’t interfere with the bold cable pattern.”
Finished Size: 37 (40½, 45, 48½)” bust circumference.
Yarn: Karabella Yarns Aurora Bulky (100% merino; 54 yd 49 m/50 g): #1609 green, 22 (23, 25, 26) balls.
Yarn Weight: #5 - Bulky
- 22 sts and 24 rows = 5” in traveling cables and bobble patt from chart
- 17 sts and 24 rows = 5” in seed st.
Needles: Size 10¾ (7.5 mm). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Tapestry needle; stitch markers (m); cable needle (cn); stitch holders; size H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook; spare needle same size as main needle for working three-needle BO; 1 yd smooth contrasting-color wast yarn.
- Knit the first and last stitch of every row for selvedge stitches.
- Work all increases and decreases inside the selvedge stitches.
- The side seams use up one selvedge stitch at each side when the garment is assembled. The measurements on the schematic show the actual size of the pieces, including all the selvedge stitches, for blocking purposes. However, the stitches lost in the seams do not count toward the finished bust size.