Whale Hot Water Bottle Cover Animal
This PDF crochet pattern will guide you to crochet a hot water bottle cover as shown in picture, made using soft acrylic worsted weight yarn and crochethook G (4 mm).
With fiberfill instead of a hot water bottle you could use it as a pillow.
You could also use this cover as a pyjama case.
Cover will fit any standard rubber hot water bottle, size 7,87 x 10,63” (20 x 27 cm) measured excluding spout.
This friendly whale can be made using wool or cotton yarn as well. (suitable for crochethook G)
There will be an opening on the backside to insert your hot water bottle easily, with a button closure. Finished size will be approx. 16.2 x 7.9” (41 cm x 20 cm)
Used stitches: single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, bead stitch (explained in pattern).
- crochet hook size G (4 mm)
- acrylic yarn in blue (approx. 120 grams), small amount of white and black.
- 1 safety eye 13,5 mm, or 1 black bead or 1 black button
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
- rubber hot water bottle, standard size 7.87 x 10.63” (20 x 27 cm) measured excl. spout
- 3 transparent buttons, diameter appr. 0.8” (2 cm)
- some blue sequins or any other embellishment you like
Skill level: advanced beginner
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment.