Wildride is a top-down, seamless pullover knit in rib pattern with a uniquely shaped upper body.
Upper back part is worked first from shoulders to the underarms
then the stitches of the fronts are picked up from the cast on edges of the back shoulders. Front pieces are worked separately to the bottom of the neck then they are joined together and front is worked in one piece to the underarms. The shoulders are shaped with short rows and the armholes with decreases and increases. The rib pattern emphasises the armhole shaping beautifully.
After the pieces of the upper body are complete back and front are joined together and body is worked in the round to the bottom edge.
The stitches of the sleeves are picked up around the armhole: along the sides you will need to pick up 1 st for every row, and at the top of the sleeve caps 3 sts for every 4 rows.
Sleeve caps are then shaped with a „wrapless short row” technique, that uses only regular increases, and handles the picked up stitches as „joining” stitches. After the completion of the sleeve cap shapings sleeves are worked from the underarm to the cuff in the round.
24 sts and 28 rows = 10x10 cm/4”x4” in 1x1 Rib knit flat (upper body, sleeve caps) with larger needle after blocking
24 sts and 28 rounds = 10x10 cm/4”x4” in 1x1 Rib knit in the round (body, sleeves) with larger needle after blocking
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
XS1 (XS2: S1: S2: M1: M2: L1: L2: XL1: XL2)
73.5 (78.5: 83.5: 88.5: 93.5: 100: 105: 110: 115: 120) cm / 28¾ (30¾: 32¾: 34¾: 36¾: 39¼: 41¼: 43¼: 45¼: 47¼) inches bust circumference at underarm.
Intended to fit with approx. 2.5 cm / 1” positive ease at bust.
Approximately 940 (980: 1020: 1060: 1100: 1145: 1195: 1240: 1290: 1340) meters / 1030 (1070: 1115: 1160: 1205: 1255: 1305: 1355: 1410: 1465) yards.
Sample shown is size S2 with approx. 2.5 cm / 1” positive ease at bust using madelinetosh tosh dk (100% merino, 206 m/225 y per skein) in colourway Graphite.
· 80 cm/32” circular needle in each of the following sizes: 4.0 mm/ US 6 and 3.5 mm/ US 4 (or size to obtain gauge)
· 40 cm/16” circular needle or double pointed needles (dpns) in each of the following sizes: 4.0 mm/ US 6 and 3.5 mm/ US 4 for working in small circumferences (or size to obtain gauge) (optional)
· spare circular needles or waste yarn for holding stitches
· removable (locking) markers: 2 green, 2 red, 2 blue
· stitch markers: 1 red, 2 blue, 2 green
· 80 cm/32” and 40 cm/16” circular needle or double pointed needles (dpns) size 3.0 mm/ US 2½ for the tubular bind off (optional)
Skill level: Intermediate
Necessary skills: Working in the round with dpns or magic loop, working short rows, picking up stitches.