YouKnits lace basic set
Design your own lace by simply combining YouKnits to your personal and probably unique lace pattern.
If you have questions or suggestions or want to share your project, please come to the group unikatissima.
You’re very welcome! :)
As for a discount on the price for YouKnit patterns that are for sale, please see price and discount further down this page.
» about YouKnits
All individual Youknits will always match as well horizontally as well vertically (although I must admit that some look better near each other than others ;-)).
Mostly the patterns will flow into each other and you won’t be able to tell where one YouKnit ends and the other starts afterwards :)
Every YouKnit pattern consists of 16 stitches x 32 rows (plus a couple of stitches and rows, read more about in the how-to for download here).
» about the pictures
The pictures on the left are made from the YouKnits from the basic set to show you
- how the individual YouKnits look when simply repeated and
- how they may look in combination with other YouKnits.
From top to bottom:
- a picture of combination #0, that I designed from all YouKnits from the basic set included
- the YouKnits distribution chart for combination #0,
- a picture of combination #00 that only shows the triangle YouKnits included
- the YouKnits distribution chart for combination #00 and
- pictures of every square YouKnit from the basic set, every one repeated 3 x 3 times.
All pictures are made with the YouKnits designer (read more about further down).
Note: about the YouKnits distribution charts:
003c #00 means YouKnit 003 found in set #00 in YouKnits designer.
A set in YouKnits designer is one of the slides on the right side.
» how to use YouKnits
You can download here three files for free:
- the basic set, containing 8 square YouKnits and all triangle YouKnits, that you would need e.g. when knitting a triangle shawl and
- the how-to, where I tried to describe in full detail how to knit patterns of combined YouKnits and
- eine deutsche Kurzanleitung (a short German how-to).
Before starting your first personal YouKnits design I suggest strongly that you read the how-to until the end, that will (hopefully!) make a lot of things clear :)
» price and discount (for YouKnit patterns that are for sale)
Add more than one YouKnit at once to your cart and get a discount of up to 80% per YouKnit:
- 1 YouKnit = 2 $ (plus VAT)
- 2 to 6 YouKnits = 3 $ total (plus VAT)
- 7 or more YouKnits = -,50 $ per YouKnit (plus VAT)
- 50 or more YouKnits = -,40 $ per YouKnit (plus VAT)
Read also about try before you buy further down.
» WYSIWYK - YouKnits designer
(what you see is what you knit ;-))
Because I find it very difficult to imagine how a repeated/combined pattern will look from charts or text instructions, a friend made us the YouKnits designer that you can reach via YouKnits.com.
Both addresses are valid, but I find YouKnits.com easier to memorize ;-)
The use of the YouKnits designer is free, it will provide you with a PDF file containing
- a picture of your design,
- a YouKnits distribution chart of your design and
- a list of the individual YouKnits that you’ve used in your personal design with links to where you can get them and their price.
Note: I will try to implement a discount scheme (read more at the pattern pages of the individual YouKnits).
» knit the pattern
As well every of these YouKnits alone and the pattern of combination #0 can directly be knitted to a scarf/shawl, you can even repeat it as often as you like in both directions.
For a scarf/shawl you can always add a border of your choice:
- while you’re knitting or added later,
- knitted or crocheted.
Or make something completely different with this YouKnit, see also what (else) to knit in the next paragraph.
Just be creative! :)
» what (else) to knit
The swatches that I knitted for the YouKnits designer were very nearly square, so I browsed the internet for patterns made from squares and devised others myself and that’s what I came up with:
- YouKnits lace example diagonal scarf
- YouKnits lace example diagonal shawl
- YouKnits lace example shawl
- YouKnits lace example shawl triangle 1
- YouKnits lace example shawl triangle 2
- YouKnits lace example sweater 1a
- YouKnits lace example sweater 1b
- YouKnits lace example sweater 2
- YouKnits lace example sweater 3
- YouKnits lace example sweater 4
- YouKnits lace example top with shawl
- YouKnits lace example vest
- YouKnits lace example large vest 1
- YouKnits lace example large vest 2
» questions about (using) the YouKnits
If you have problems or questions, please look at the group unikatissima here at ravelry:
- either someone else had the same question before, than you will be answered immediately,
- or ask your question there, because someone else may have the same problem in the future.
But of course you can also send me a personal message :)
Hinweis für Deutsch(sprachig)e: Für Dich gilt auch: Du stimmst meinen Nutzungsbedingungen zu, wenn Du meine Muster nutzt. Ich habe sie auf meiner Webseite auch auf deutsch hinterlegt.
Well, everything is still brand-new, so there are no errata’s yet (March 31, 2011), but although I triple checked everything, I may (possibly! ;-)) have made mistakes.
- If you find an error, please check the errata page of the group unikatissima here at ravelry.
- If you are the first to have found it, please be so kind as to send me a personal message.
And now I hope that you enjoy designing and knitting with YouKnits :)