Zephyrus is a part of my new summer collection, “La Isla Bonita”, and as other pieces in the collection, it is knit with fingering weight/4-ply yarn to a DK gauge and requires just 1-2 balls of yarn.
Zephyrus is a very charming lacy vest that makes a great layering piece for all year round wear. Make it in fingering weight cotton to throw on top of a bathing suit or to dress up a T-shirt in hot summer months or make it in wool to dress up long sleeved cotton jerseys and polo-shirts in transitional fall and spring weather or winter months.
The vest is knit seamlessly from the top down and features elegant Butterfly Lace as an allover lace pattern for the top portion of the vest; then the lace gracefully transitions into the beautiful Butterfly Kisses lace panels.
- 3.5 mm/US #4 circular needles (40 cm/16”, 60 cm/24” or longer);
- 3 mm/US #2.5 circular needles (60 cm/24” or longer);
- 5 stitch markers (1 in color A and 4 in color B);
- 20-24 markers to mark lace panels (optional);
- Waste yarn/stitch holders;
- 3 mm crochet hook (optional);
- Darning needle (optional)
12m, 18m, 24m, 3T, 4T, 5T, 6-7, 8-9, 9-10, 10-12, 12-14.
19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30”.
270, 290, 320, 250, 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 675, 800 yds.