August 13, 2011
August 26, 2011


Project info
paulie by Isabell Kraemer
Needles & yarn
US 3 - 3.25 mm
US 2½ - 3.0 mm
Cascade Yarns ® 220 Superwash® Sport
Tangled Yarns

August 26

I made a few modifications, mainly changing the waist shaping and sleeve shaping to suit.

My decreases were on row 5 of the grey stripes on stripe 2 & 3. Increase on row 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. My body has 11 orange stripes before the garter stitch edge.

I also went with my favourite ¾ length sleeves and added 8 buttons, slightly closer together to avoid any bust poppage.

My sleeve decreases are again on row 5 of the grey stripes on stripe 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 & 9. My sleeves have 9 orange stripes before the garter stitch edge.

I used a 3.0mm needles for all of the garter stitch, 3.25mm needles for the stocking stitch and 4.00mm needles for the i-cord bind off

I carried the yarn for the contrast stripes in the body up the side of the piece, catching the float every two rows to secure it. (way less ends to weave in!)

For the sleeve stripes I used this method of jogless stripes.

Since the Cascade 220 Sport is a superwash I couldn’t splice my yarn when I was joining in a new ball, instead I used a russian join. (again, no ends to weave in!)

I LOVE the way the Cascade 220 Sport has knit up.

August 13
I have been looking at Paulie for a while and was just waiting for the right yarn to arrive.

The Cascade 220 Superwash Sport is knitting up divinely and I think Paulie will make the perfect lightweight cardi for Spring.

I am a couple of inches below the sleeves and have jumped back up to do the sleeves now so that I know how much yarn I have left for the body and button bands/shawl collar.

viewed 4070 times | helped 94 people
August 13, 2011
August 26, 2011
About this pattern
2794 projects, in 7042 queues
-tangledYARNS-'s overall rating
-tangledYARNS-'s clarity rating
-tangledYARNS-'s difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Cascade Yarns ®
100% Merino
136 yards / 50 grams

17619 projects

stashed 16524 times

-tangledYARNS-'s star rating
  • Project created: August 19, 2011
  • Updated: August 26, 2011
  • Progress updates: 2 updates