Between changing my mind several times, frogging, and then hibernating these all during summer, these mittens took a while to get finished. They have yet to be blocked, which I may or may not do.
I changed my mind halfway through doing another colorwork design and switched to the string of pearls design. This is why I have a photo with the two mittens looking completely different. I switched the the pearl design because it would show off the color transition yarn better than the original design I was working with.
I altered this pattern a bit to have a ribbed cuff with the two yarns. I have a thin wrist, so my mod for the cuff was:
CO 52 in MC, join in round.
K2 in MC, K2 in CC repeat all the way around
Continue with this ribbing until 3” in length
Then I started with the chart, knitting 2 rounds in MC.
Because I knit with fingering yarn I added 12 more stitches to the chart (6 on either side), to make the mitten measure 7.5” around.
I did the cuff with size 1 needles, but only because I ripped back from another project and didn’t feel like restarting completely. If I would started from scratch, I would have CO with size 2. I switched to size 2 for the body of the mitten. I think I could have gone up to 3 without any issue.