August 23rd I started this last night and finished about seven inches up the back… but I’ll be ripping back to the ribbing when I get home tonight. I don’t like the way the darts are written to be done on the back and will try an ssk/k2tog combo around the markers instead and see how that looks.
Note for decrease row: K2, k2tog, k to 2 st before marker (after 23rd stitch from the start), ssk, slip marker, k1, k2tog, k to 3 st before next marker (before 23rd stitch from the end), ssk, k1, slip marker, k2tog, k to 4 stitches before end, k2tog-bl, k2.
Increase row: K2, M1, k to marker, M1, slip marker, K1, M1, k to 1 st before marker, M1, k1, slip marker, M1, k to 2 st before end, M1, k2.
This is knitting up quickly. I’m just about to the armhole decreases.
August 28th Oh, my god! I just finished my first buttonholes! :)
Instead of the eyelet buttonholes in the pattern, I chose to do a “One-Row Horizontal Buttonhole” as described in Vogue Knitting, pg 204. I tested a few before I did them in Thea, and I’m so glad I did. These look great and they’re perfect for 7/8” buttons -- the size I was hoping to use on this.
Back is done. Left front is done, and I’m sure I’ll finish the right front and get a good start on the sleeves today.
August 31st All the knitting is done and it’s on to the blocking boards then (sigh)… seaming.
I want to make a skirt with the remaining yarn, but I’ll only have about 650 yards. That seems to be cutting it close, even with a skirt above-the-knee length.
September 4th Finished except for weaving in the ends and sewing on the buttons. I’m putting that part on hold until I figure out a skirt idea for the remaining yarn
This has been done for some time now, but I haven’t gotten around to taking pictures… I love how it fits and I’ve gotten tons of complements on it.