1hundredprojects' projects
Blue Beginnings
Finished
April 6 2014
May 17 2014
Project info
Blue Beginnings
New Beginnings by Boo Knits
Knitting
me
Needles & yarn
US 5 - 3.75 mm
Anzula Mermaid
none left in stash
1 skein = 700.0 yards (640.1 meters), 115 grams
Blue
Notes

Was looking for a pattern for 1 skein of Anzula Mermaid (silk and sea silk). Found one in an ebook I already had…SCORE!
I loved making the Sweet Dreams shawlette from Boo Knits. Now I get to use a second pattern from that book! Project calls for worsted weight, but looking at people’s project pages I found quite a few knit in lace/light fingering.
It took me three starts to get the thing going. Once when I was resisting the M1L and M1R and decided to use YOs as someone’s project page mentioned. I decided I didn’t like the look. Once when I decided I didn’t like the needle size I had started with. Then once again when I realized I had made a mistake and had to rip back a few rows.

4/28/14
I am almost finished with the last chart, but only about half finished with the yarn. I will be continuing with this part of the chart for a while longer before I do the pointy edges of the alternative ending.

5/3
Finished the last chart, did a double row of the reverse ridges (which matches the previous chart) and am now going to do at least part of the last chart again. Unblocked the center spine is about 15 inches deep.

Now it is rolling along really smoothly. It isn’t a difficult pattern so far. Let me revise that--it isn’t difficult, but you have to remember to count rows! Lots of the rows are stockinette so I don’t have a need to use the chart. So I wasn’t as methodical as I needed to be about the number of rows. Which meant several instances of ripping out. I am now using a row counter.

5/8
I got to the end of the chart and had about half the yarn left. So I kept going to do the last group of rows one more time, at least. I might get two of the repeats in before I do the pointy version of the bind off. I have no reason for making this so big except that I want to use up as much of the yarn as I can. It is really pretty.

5/12
Off the needles this morning! Just have to weave in four ends and block. I used all but about 12g of yarn so I am counting that as “all used up.” ;-) I did an extra band and then an extra row of holes before doing the JSSBO. The yarn was really splitting during the BO. Something about the direction of it was seeming to unply the yarn. But I finally got it all done. Now to the blocking board!

viewed 236 times | helped 1 person
Finished
April 6 2014
May 17 2014
About this pattern
1hundredprojects' star rating
1hundredprojects' difficulty rating
332 projects, in 791 queues
About this yarn
by Anzula
Lace
60% SeaCell, 40% Silk
700 yards / 115 grams
1hundredprojects' star rating

306 projects

stashed 399 times

  • Project created: April 7, 2014
  • Finished: May 17, 2014
  • Updated: May 28, 2014
  • Progress updates: 6 updates