1hundredprojects' projects
Poncho Adventure

1hundredprojects > notebook > projects > Poncho Adventure

Finished
December 20 2016
February 19 2017
Project info
Poncho Adventure
Om Shawl by Andrea Mowry
Knitting
Me
Needles & yarn
US 9 - 5.5 mm
18 stitches = 4 inches
1,080 yards = 2.7 skeins
Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted
120 yards in stash
0.7 skeins = 280.0 yards (256.0 meters), 158 grams
Stitches West in Santa Clara, California
February 20, 2016
Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted
none left in stash
1 skein = 400.0 yards (365.8 meters), 226 grams
Gray
fibre space in Alexandria, Virginia
June 2015
Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted
none left in stash
1 skein = 400.0 yards (365.8 meters), 226 grams
Stitches West in Santa Clara, California
February 20, 2016
Notes

CO 121 stitches on size 9 needles rather than the 105 stitches on size 10.5 that was called for. I liked the denser fabric that I got when swatching with the smaller needles. (4.5 stitches per inch rather than 4). There is still plenty of drape, but the stitches are not so open.

Using 3 colors rather than the 4 that are called for. I am adjusting the colorwork portion accordingly. Also, since I have equal amounts of all three colors, I will be trying to use the colors all up about evenly.

Made a mistake at the end of the colorwork and had an extra zig in the chevron design. It is sort of frustrating to do colorwork with two colors that are so close. But I got it fixed. I could only see the mistake once I was about 4 inches past it, but I knew it would bother me. Plus, I was pretty sure that I wouldn’t be able to replicate it as a design element on the other side, since I wasn’t sure how it happened. Once I ripped back I decided not to go to the dark gray directly after the colorwork and I used the medium gray until it ran out. Then switched to what the pattern calls the main color (I’m using the light gray).

Used the dark gray in the middle once the light gray ran out. Then reversed everything with the second half of all the yarn balls.

I had to do a little fiddling for the buttonholes in the last rows since I had cast on a few more stitches than the pattern called for. Then I set myself to the task of finding 20 buttons from my stash. I decided to mix them up since I knew I wouldn’t find 20 of the same kind that I liked. Sewed on buttons with sewing thread. Finally…DONE! I am going to love this!

viewed 309 times | helped 4 people
Finished
December 20 2016
February 19 2017
 
About this pattern
1hundredprojects' star rating
1hundredprojects' difficulty rating
1035 projects, in 1556 queues
About this yarn
by Neighborhood Fiber Co.
Worsted
100% Merino
400 yards / 228 grams
1hundredprojects' star rating

2572 projects

stashed 2640 times

  • Project created: December 28, 2016
  • Finished: February 19, 2017
  • Updated: March 18, 2017
  • Progress updates: 3 updates