AlienSunset's projects
Llama's Wallaby
Finished
December 10 2013
December 22 2013
Project info
Llama's Wallaby
Wonderful Wallaby by Carol A. Anderson
Knitting
Thomas
Warren (size 8)
Needles & yarn
US 6 - 4.0 mm
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica
5.5 skeins = 759.0 yards (694.0 meters), 550 grams
11
Blue
Notes

12/22 - Done, Done, Done! (but for the buttons, since I don’t have any big enough right now) this was an amazingly fun knit and the construction was really easy to understand. I can’t wait to knit more sweaters! a word on the yarn, it was aran instead of worsted but I still managed to get almost spot on gauge. I say almost because this yarn is very much so not evenly spun.

12/19 - starting the hood! knit an extra inch onto the hood. on the last six rows I did k2tog, k2, ssk on over the middle six stitches on the right side to help round out the point.

12/18 - started the placket. decided to do a 6 stitch overlapping placket with buttons instead of the ten stitch split placket. made it similarly to the pouch - did kf&b across the six stitches and then split the kf stitches to the front and the kb stitches to the back and knit them separately when I switched to back and forth. realized this afternoon that I made the split about 6 rows early, (I was watching Dr. Who and mis-read the instructions) but I think it should still be ok, I’ll just have an extra button.

12/17 - sleeves attached to body.

12/16 - pouch attached

12/15 - after a night of knitting and Dr Who, I’ve got six inches on the body and and starting the pouch. instead of picking up stitches, I did kf&b along the proper row and put the kf stitches on a holder in front while knitting the kb stitches for the body. after I got the body going I knit the stitches off the holder through the back loop and then started the pouch instructions.

12/14 - cast on for the body yesterday, since I didn’t want it to be too poofy I cast on the total number instead if increasing after the ribbing. doing k2p2 again instead of k1p1.

12/12 - almost done with the sleeves. did k2p2 ribbing, increased to 40 sts after ribbing, knit 3 more inches, then increased one stitch on either side of the ‘seam’ every inch until I had 50 sts. plan to knit an extra inch to the sleeves.

12/10 - casting on for the sleeves first, because as the Yarn Harlot says, sleeves make good gauge swatches.

helpful projects:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/bioengiknitter/wonderful-...
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/disyarnmama/wonderful-wal...
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/bungalow10/wonderful-wall...
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/naturallyknitty/wonderful...

wallaby group modification thread:
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/wonderful-wallaby-kal/2727...

wallaby FAQ:
http://home.earthlink.net/~adbatiste/WW_FAQ.html

viewed 80 times | helped 1 person
Finished
December 10 2013
December 22 2013
About this pattern
AlienSunset's star rating
AlienSunset's difficulty rating
5588 projects, in 2326 queues
About this yarn
by Manos del Uruguay
Aran
100% Corriedale
138 yards / 100 grams
AlienSunset's star rating

22475 projects

stashed 19511 times

  • Originally queued: September 24, 2007
  • Project created: December 10, 2013
  • Finished: December 22, 2013
  • Updated: July 17, 2018
  • Progress updates: 6 updates