I went by the photos rather than by the instructions and started in the middle because (1) the gauge as per the pattern is so unusual that I didn’t even attempt to achieve it, and (2) I am very tall and wanted to make sure that everything is long enough. I did a provisional cast-on of 168 stitches, joined in the round, worked 24 rows in 2/1 ribbing. Then I continued with the cables as per the pattern but with 2 additional rows between the cable rows and 1 additional row between the increase rows below the waist. After the last increase I changed to 3.25 mm needles. The sleeves are worked bottom-up starting with the same cable pattern as at the waist, and continuing in stockinette with some increases. For the yoke, I decreased 2 x 4 stitches every third row, ending with 100 stitches for a small collar repeating part of the cable pattern and ending in a 3-stitch-i-cord bind-off.