9/8: worked almost to the neckline steak, then back to hibernation…
8/27/10: This has been in hibernation for maybe a year since the last time I worked on it. But I got all the first crosshatch section done just this morning. So that counts as real progress!
Final decision made on the colors:
I’ll use port wine and mulberry in the hems.
The medallion will be mist, orchid, rose, sand the background will stay cobalt, aubretia, clover, raspberry.
I’m replacing the black with mulberry, and the crosshatches will be port wine with mulberry in the center. And I’m replacing old gold with blue lovat.
My gauge (pre-blocking) is coming out exactly at 30sts x 32rows for a 4 inch square. I realized the US 2 DPNs I’ve been using for my swatches are 2.75mm last night so I’ll have to make certain my circulars are that as well before I get started.
I will block one of these swatches in case of major changes before I start knitting. But the stitches actually look a bit loose pre-blocking so I’m hoping they’ll fluff up but not change gauge too much.
First color swatch comments:
Cast on for a gauge/color swatch last night. My goal is to have this done by Thanksgiving 2009 (although it could happen a lot faster) I was afraid I had too much difference in the colors and now that I’m knitting I wonder if I have enough… I’m not deciding until I finish the swatch at least.
I’m mucking with the size too (I think it will be easy with the nice clear chart) I’ll probably be following the 37 through the waist, but then expanding to the 39 for the front and down to the 35 for the back. Usually I add short row shaping for the bust of my sweater but after a lot of quality time with my tape measure I think this should work.
royal rose - autumn rose
raspberry - sunrise
clover - peat
aubretia - admiral navy
cobalt - pine forest
sand - yellow ochre
rose - scotch broom
orchid - pistachio
mist - bracken
mulberry - shetland black
mulberry - madder
blue lovat - old gold
port wine - madder