I am knitting 10 preemie hats.
My basic recipe is to cast on between 48 and 56 stitches depending on the chosen stitch pattern and yarn. Knit for four inches and then start appropriate decreases. The hats end up being 9 to 10 inches in circumference.
- Red stockinette hat took 20 (44 yards) grams of Cascade 220 Superwash
- Red broken rib hat took 18 grams (40 yards) grams of Cascade 200 Superwash
- Red waffle rib hat took 18 grams (40 yards) grams of Cascade 200 Superwash
- Blue hat with brown and orange stripe took 24 grams (38 yards) Spud & Chloe Sweater
- Navy broken rib hat took 21 grams (46 yards) of Swish Worsted
- Navy stockinettehat took 19 grams (42 yards) of Swish Worsted
- Red moss stitch took 23 grams (50 yards) of Cascade 220 Superwash Two more dark red Cascade 220 Superwash hatsMulti-colored ribbed hat in Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted
2/16/12 Done! I need to find a place (preferably locally) that would like these and then I am going to start over with another 10.