1/12/10 I returned to this project this weekend and got the second sleeve finished last night. I have cast on for the hood next, the body will be last.
1/14/10 I almost finished the hood last night and then measured it. The length was almost four inches too wide, which means that my flat gauge and circular gauge were really off from one another. I ripped it out and am starting the hood over (1) on smaller needles and (2) with fewer stitches. Hopefully this gives me the results that I need. This time I will check the gauge before I get to 5.5 inches.
1/14/10, again, I checked my gauge after a couple of inches and the hood is still too big. I need to take another repeat out in order to even get in the realm of the schematic. Grr, but at least I will be able to cast on for the body with confidence.
1/17/10 I finally have finished the hood. I ended up going down two needle sizes and taking two repeats out. The hood is blocking right now. When it sets, I will calculate the gauge and figure out what I need to cast on for the body.
1/24/10 Finished the body to the armholes, finished one front and started working on the second. Knitting should be done soon!
1/27/10 OMFG. Finishing the body felt like it took forever, but it is finally done. Blocking to commence tomorrow and seaming will wait for the weekend.
3/24/10 Seamed over the last two days and considering it done even though it still needs buttons. I am thinking about custom ordering a set. Photos to follow soon. It is way to big for my kiddo, so modeled photos will take a few months.