I am making a few changes to this as I knit:
- Most notably the type of yarn. Instead of a smooth cotton, I am using a slubby silk.
- I am making more decreases in order to get the top closer to my bust size. I am reducing 4 stitches on row one of each repeat for repeats 2-4. I am also decreasing as written and will probably need to do a couple more to go from 252 stitches to around 204-208.
- Oh, also, I am knitting this in the round!
- Right now am also divided as to whether I like the RS or the WS better.
I am happier than I look in my photo. I love this top! I ended up going with the right side (purl side out) in the end. Some other changes I made:
-I reduced the bust to have negative ease to account for silk stretching and not going back into its original shape.
-My row gauge was tighter than the pattern so I needed to add some short rows to make the sleeves longer.
I finished most of this in early August, but stalled when I didn’t like the first incarnation of the sleeves.