They re-released this in brown and black. I’m asking for the brown one for Christmas.
Adding zipper - pull live loops of the facing through the zippertape, rather than a random new bit of yarn as orignal described in the zipper series, to make the zipper knitable. Then treat these loops as the facing live loops (because they are) when slip stitching the facing to the stabilized edge. ETA: This isn’t actually what I ended up doing. I actually did just like TECHknitters post on this without a zipper, except I just pulled through top layer- zipper-facing to wrap the whole thing up (aka the zipper was just an extra layer), and used my knit picker as the crochet hook. I prepped my zipper like you would to make zipper tape knittable. See the install process photo (the one with the knit picker).
12/1/14 - Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. I’m supposed to be joining the shoulder sections of both sleeves??? Since when have I been knitting these things two at a time? It’s like some magic “and then a second sleeve appeared!” bullshit. Yep. That’s it. Exactly that. I call bullshit. One steek per sleeve, thank you, and I’ll do it my way. New cc in the middle of the steek, for maximum end stabilization. Thank goodness I’ve actually seriously considered doing this on other set-in sleeves before, and have worked out the logistics. Goddamn.
17/1/14 - Finished the first sleeve. Just doing the one steek on the one sleeve worked just fine. Actually, probably better because it wasn’t as fiddly. Going to rip back the inside hem portion, decrease down, and knit it back though, because it’s just so much bigger than the outside portion due to the stockinette/stranded gauge discrepancy.
27/1/14 - Fixed the inner hem on the first sleeve, and used those dimensions on the second sleeve.
4/2/14 - Finished second sleeve.
10/2/14 - Been knitting like a mad woman: 12” on the body. 5” more inches of mindless to go before the crazy body colorwork charts.
25/2/14 - These body charts are CRAZY. It’s taking me an hour to do four rounds. I don’t even want to think about the short rows at the shoulder shaping.
9/3/14 - Done with the front! Purling and stranding is crazy-slow but doable. I feel so close to done, yet I know I’m still so far.
10/3/14 - Bound off the shoulders, secured the neck steek, then cut that one open. Contrary to instructions, I’m going to cut open the rest of the steeks after I’m done with the neck band - I want to reduce the time the steeks are loose as much as possible.
11/3/14 - Started the neck band. From Eunny Jang: Block first, then tack down steeks. So I’m going to go as follows: neckband, secure and open collar steek, facing, secure and open neck plaquard steek, install zipper, tack down collar, secure and open rest of the steeks, weave in all ends, hem sleeves, attach sleeves, block, surface crochet, tack down steeks.
29/3/14 - Just need to block, surface crochet, and tack down steeks. Hopefully I can get this to lightning-dry.
31/3/14 - Done! Now just have to get all the photos and write-up assembled in the 1.5 hours I have left to become and OWL Mistress!