Heavily modified to create a negative ease
9/15/12 - I decided to make this fit a little tighter than it is intended, because the straight shape of the garment probably looks really good on boxier frames than mine (I tend to look really frumpy if I wear loose fitting clothing).
However, I couldn’t resist the lattice top and I was really in the mood to work with merino, so I decided to make this with a negative ease to avoid any possible frump. My gauging told me that I needed to cast on about 60% of the suggested amount of cast-on stitch in the pattern (yikes). Let’s see how this turns out…
BTW I ALSO decided that I wanted the torso to be more tunic-length, so I knit in stockinette for 16” instead of the 12” suggested in the pattern.