CambriaW > notebook > projects > For the 6' Grown-Up

Project info
For the 6' Grown-Up
For the Grown-Ups by Allison Lawler
Knitting
L 42-44" hips, 34" inseam
Needles & yarn
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Cascade Yarns Cascade 220®
Notes

I know I might never finish these, but I’ve always wanted a pair and Lord knows I’ve got the yarn, so…

3/28/15 I started off with two different colorways of Noro Kureyon because I didn’t have enough of either to complete a pair. Unfortunately, the colors were too similar to each other to work well as stripes, and the pants looked muddy. Then I ripped them back out and decided to use up all my Cascade 220 scraps (of which I have a plentiful amount, lol). On that attempt, I placed my markers in the wrong spot and ended up working the butt shaping short-rows on the front. Whoops. After two failed attempts, I finally got back on track and I’m almost finished with the hip/waist section.

3/29/15 worked leg decreases for 18.75” (measured from the cast on edge).

4/2/15 worked the legs without decreasing to 24” (measured from the inseam), then started the increases. after first increase, worked 7.25”, then did the next increase at 3.75. I meant to do them both 5” apart, but I got really into my show and knit right past that. There was no turning back at that point, lol. I’m not sure I’ll even get into the green yarn before I’m ready to knit the cuffs.

4/8/15 these turned out great!! I love the shaping in the seat and hips (these make my butt look good!). If I were to make them again, I’d be more careful about working the plain knit row between the increases and the short rows. I skipped them because I have a short waist, and although they fit nicely on my hips, I’d like them to hit a little higher up.

viewed 260 times | helped 3 people
Finished
March 25 2015
April 8 2015
 
About this pattern
CambriaW's star rating
CambriaW's difficulty rating
49 projects, in 283 queues
About this yarn
by Cascade Yarns
Worsted
100% Wool
220 yards / 100 grams
CambriaW's star rating

152665 projects

stashed 84104 times

  • Project created: March 25, 2015
  • Updated: April 8, 2015
  • Progress updates: 3 updates