CedarLinn's projects
Planned Pooling Neckwarmer

CedarLinn > notebook > projects > Planned Pooling Neckwarmer

December 26 2016
December 29 2016
Project info
Planned Pooling Neckwarmer
Neck / TorsoCowl
Hooks & yarn
5.0 mm (H)
4.0 mm (G)
10 stitches and 9 rows = 4 inches
in SC Moss stitch
368 yards
Big Twist Yarns Value Solids
0.65 skeins = 241.2 yards (220.5 meters), 110 grams
Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts
Red Heart Super Saver Multis/Prints
0.54 skeins = 127.4 yards (116.5 meters), 76 grams


WIDTH: 9 1/4”

LENGTH: ~36”-37”

22 stiches across per row in moss stitch.

Attempting to make a neckwarmer like I’ve seen on the Planned Pooling Facebook page.

Second attempt at PP, but first time with this width and properly following Marly’s video tutorial. Not really difficult, though this colorway Antique has transitional sections that it make it difficult to smoothly transition between certain colors.

Using H hook for the panels.

Seems a bit wide for a neckwarmer?


BROWN: 5 stitches (should be 6 next time?)

WHITE: 5 stitches

WINE: 6 stitches + 1 transitional

TEAL: 4 stitches + 1 transitional


Making the neckwarmer with half argyle and half solid color. Wanted to go with grey for the solid part, but didn’t have the right shade. Went with this brown yarn I had originally bought to make a fall wreath. The yarn is stiff and kinda scratchy.

I attached the yarn at the starting chains of the argyle section, though doing so technically makes the argyle part upside down as it attaches to the front. I think the beginning part looks messy and prefer it in the back.


All finished!

Each section is about 18” long. Had to rip back the argyle piece about 1”-1.5” to accommodate the button panel at the end. Couldn’t bring myself to have a full 2” button panel. I didn’t like the way the argyle part would have ended.

Had to go down to a G hook for the SC border.

Not sure if it’s the yarn’s color changes or me trying to PP, but there is some warping in the argyle fabric. I think I should have had an extra brown stitch. In the end, those parts ended up looser than the others.

Tried a few different ways of making the fringe before settling on 3 strands of 8” yarn. There are 22 groups on the bottom and 22 along the side.

The 4 buttons are completely functional. Since I did not sew the panels into place, I’ve had to add a couple of small hidden buttons underneath the argyle section to keep the neckwarmer in place while being worn.

viewed 10 times
December 26 2016
December 29 2016
About this pattern
Personal pattern (not in Ravelry)
About this yarn
by Red Heart
100% Acrylic
244 yards / 198 grams
CedarLinn's star rating

47610 projects

stashed 19786 times

About this yarn
by Big Twist Yarns
100% Acrylic
371 yards / 170 grams
CedarLinn's star rating

3369 projects

stashed 1794 times

  • Project created: December 26, 2016
  • Finished: December 30, 2016
  • Updated: June 7, 2017