1/6: I used this yarn in the fall of ‘12 just to create a border for another shawl. I was determined to use the rest of it (hardly used any for the simple border), so I picked it up for this shawl.
The pattern is very easy. Very, very easy. I can’t wait to do the border, since that’s what really makes this shawl.
Hmmm. Hope I have enough yarn after all.
1/11: Almost done! Added a picture this morning of the pre-blocked scarf. The pre-blocked edging is a lovely scallop-y thing, and would be lovely on other projects (tuck away in brain). However, I am after that post-block spikier border, so I am off to aggressively block this sweet thing. Oh, and make the tassels to attach after blocking. This yarn was lovey to work with!
Pattern was a breeze!
1/18: Got sick with a nasty germ, and so just got the energy this morning to wet block this scarf. My first time doing a wet-block, and using Eucalan, and the 3rd time doing any blocking whatsoever. How exciting! The yarn really bloomed a bit (which I liked), and I hope this blend has a good post-blocking “memory” of its desired shape. After taking pics and posting, I ran back to adjust (because I noted an asymmetry in the wings). Looks lovely so far!
1/19: Blocking done! Added the two tassels! LOVE it! I am thinking of a third tassel, in the middle. Hmmmm.
(#2 in my “12 in 2013” list)