D-chan > notebook > projects > Barbie - Fluffy shrug and headband

Project info
Barbie - Fluffy shrug and headband
Knitting
Barbie
Shrug / Bolero
Other HeadwearHeadband
Needles & yarn
US 0 - 2.0 mm
Avanzi (Scrap yarn)
in stash
Notes

Little leftover ball of mystery fuzzy yarn.
By eye I see long shiny fibers, so I thought it could be acrylic yarn. But testing it by flame it behaves pretty much like wool, so it’s porobably a wool blend with some acrylic in it.

Pattern is simple:
_ CO 20
_ work 4 rows rib (K1, P1)
_ work stockinette stitch until desired length
_ work 4 rows rib
_ sew from cuffs to armpits (I found 8,5 cm is ok by trial and error).

I ended up with still a little leftover of leftover, so I made another strip like this:
_ CO 8
_ repeat “3 rows knit, 1 row purl” until end of yarn

This strip was too short for a scarf, so I grafted ends together. I don’t like it as a cowl (too long for Barbie’s slim neck, or maybe to thin to cover it) but fortunately it’s perfect as a headband.


Piccolo avanzo di filato misterioso peloso.
Ad occhio vedo fibre lunghe e lucenti, per cui ho pensato fosse acrilico. Invece al test della fiamma si comporta praticamente come la lana, per cui probabilmente è misto lana con dell’acrilico dentro.

Da fare è semplice:
_ Avviare 20 maglie
_ 4 ferri a coste semplici
_ continuare a maglia rasata fino a lunghezza voluta
_ 4 ferri a coste semplici
_ cucire dal polso all’ascella (Ho trovato per tentativi che 8,5 cm funziona).

Mi sono ritrovata ancora con un avanzo di avanzo, quindi ho fatto un’altra striscia così:
_ Avviare 8 maglie
_ ripetere “3 ferri a diritto, 1 ferro a rovescio” finché c’è filo.

Questa striscia era troppo corta per una sciarpa, per cui ho unito insieme le estremità a punto maglia. Non mi piace come collo (troppo lunga per il collo magro di Barbie, o forse troppo stretta per coprirlo) ma fortunatamente è perfetta come fascia per capelli/paraorecchie).

viewed 9 times
Finished
November 25 2016
November 28 2016
 
About this pattern
Personal pattern (not in Ravelry)
  • Project created: November 30, 2016
  • Finished: November 30, 2016
  • Updated: December 18, 2016