DarleenHopkins' projects
Bears for Team Lewis, April 2015

DarleenHopkins > notebook > projects > Bears for Team Lewis, April 2015

Finished
April 1 2015
April 17 2015
Project info
Bears for Team Lewis, April 2015
Easy-peasy teddy-bear — crocheted in one piece by Raphaela Blumenbunt
Crochet
Team Lewis
Hooks & yarn
Bernat Denimstyle
Lily Sugar'n Cream Ombres
Lion Brand Cotton-Ease
Red Heart 100% Cotton
Purple
Notes

Making these bears for Team Lewis. Adorable and easy pattern. Goal was to make 8 in April 2015. I made 6 before I had to get them ready to mail oversea. Overall, I’m really pleased!

The ears are a little challenging. After a few trys I decided to pinched them from the top and the side and then stitched them.

Bear #1: Blue striped bear was the test bear and worked with CottonEase. I ran out of the blue so I added the stripes. Thought was cute without a face. Used a G hook for the CottonEase and he ended up approx. 8.5” prior to stuffing, 7.75” after stuffing. NOTE: I felt his head was a little small, will add a stitch or two to the next one. Or maybe I just overstuffed the belly! She’s collecting pairs, since I don’t have anymore blue or yellow, I think I’ll make a coordinating one with pink/white/green boy and girl siblings.

Bears #2 & #3: Used DenimStyle and H hook. Added 1 additional stitch to head section. Each bear used 55 grams of DenimStyle. 11.5” prior to stuffing, 10.5” after stuffing. Although a perfect size for a small teddy, I think this is a little bit bigger than what the charity is looking for. I’ll switch back to the CottonEase and G hook.

Bears #4 & #5: Used Sugar ‘n Cream cotton multi and Red Heart 100% cotton lavender with a G hook. Added 2 additional stitches to head section. Each bear used a total of 60 grams of yarn. 9.75” prior to stuffing, 9” after stuffing. Used a full ball plus a little of a second ball of the Sugar ‘n Cream multi.

Bear #6: Used combination of Cotton Ease and some other similar 50/50 blend heavy worsted/aran. This one was made to go with bear #1, blue stripes. I worked this one as written and I still think the head is a touch small. I prefer 2 additional stitches to the head portion. Ran out of pink so the stripes aren’t exact but they are pretty close to the blue one.

viewed 1838 times | helped 9 people
Finished
April 1 2015
April 17 2015
 
About this pattern
DarleenHopkins' star rating
DarleenHopkins' difficulty rating
120 projects, in 137 queues
About this yarn
by Lily
Worsted
100% Cotton
95 yards / 57 grams
DarleenHopkins' star rating

50944 projects

stashed 32440 times

About this yarn
by Bernat
Aran
70% Acrylic, 30% Cotton
196 yards / 100 grams
DarleenHopkins' star rating

2646 projects

stashed 1677 times

About this yarn
by Lion Brand
Aran
50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic
207 yards / 100 grams
DarleenHopkins' star rating

40960 projects

stashed 18597 times

About this yarn
by Red Heart
Aran
100% Cotton
115 yards / 70 grams
DarleenHopkins' star rating

462 projects

stashed 311 times

  • Project created: April 1, 2015
  • Finished: April 17, 2015
  • Updated: April 18, 2015
  • Progress updates: 3 updates