DayanaKnits' projects
Scraptankulous
Finished
October 1 2015
September 25 2016
Project info
Scraptankulous
#15 Multidirectional Cap Sleeve Top by Irina Poludnenko
Knitting
Me
35"
Needles & yarn
US 7 - 4.5 mm
856 yards
Scraps
59 yards in stash
257.0 yards (235.0 meters), 100 grams
Orange Pink Yellow Blue
Orange
September 23, 2015
Navy Blue cotton, doubled
1304 yards in stash
4.12 skeins = 599.5 yards (548.1 meters), 206 grams
Dark blue
Blue
Notes

Blogged here!

September 5, 2015: I had to re-do both short row sleeve caps because they were huge as written in the pattern! (instructions below)

Also, this is way too short; I’ll have to pick up a garter stitch hem. It’s always a challenge to pick up enough stitches so that it’s not too tight and few enough stitches so it doesn’t flare. I’m sure to try it more than once!

SLIMMER SLEEVE CAPS

2nd short row section:
1st row, k to 1st wrap.
(d1, k13) 4x, d1, w&t.
p w&t, k w&t, p w&t as per instructions
k5 after wrap, d1, k5, d1, k5, d1 (center), k4, d1, k4, d1, wt.
p w&t as per instructions, k to end, p to end.

Next garter row:
k to wrap, d1, k11, d1, k10, d1 (center), k10, d1, k11, d1

3rd short row section:
5th row, dec 2 sts at center.

4th and final short row section:
5th row, dec 2 sts at center. ~44sts in sleeve.


October 26, 2015: After finishing the rectangle first steps, I realized I had a tighter gauge than the pattern. Oops! To fix this, I added repeats to the sides before starting the short rows for the shoulders. I think I may have now overdid it, though!

This piece is so much fun.


September 28, 2015:

I scored a $5 bag of Noro-like scraps at Goodwill. Almost all is from the same colorway. I spit-spliced them all together in some kind of order and then measured using my yardage meter: 316 yards to play with! I’m alternating with some unknown navy blue cotton I have a ton of.

viewed 1808 times | helped 8 people
Finished
October 1 2015
September 25 2016
 
About this pattern
DayanaKnits' star rating
DayanaKnits' difficulty rating
81 projects, in 174 queues
  • Originally queued: September 28, 2015
  • Project created: September 28, 2015
  • Finished: September 25, 2016
  • Updated: October 10, 2016
  • Progress updates: 2 updates