Ellashouli > notebook > projects > Red Log Cabin

Project info
Red Log Cabin
Weaving
1.25m x 39cm
Tools and equipment
Ashford 50cm Knitters Loom
Yarn
Notes

Random stash BWM reds, plus a few handspuns. Log Cabin pattern from The Weaver’s Idea Book in a 6/14 grid.

Stuffed up the warp patterning wrt the colours, but fixed it at the poke-it-through-the-holes stage (after I’d already woven a few rows before realising, d’oh).

Not feeling the love for this one. It’s fiddly having to change colour every row, and wind off new colour variations every 20 rows. And I didn’t think through the colour combinations well enough before I started. The only time the log cabin pattern really shows is when there is high contrast on both warp and weft.

On the up side, though, there are some unexpected little surprises in some of the pattern segments.

23/11/2013: Turned into a bag. Interfaced with Armoweft (the stiffest one), and lined with stash cotton fabric.

viewed 43 times
Finished
September 1 2012
September 9 2012
 
  • Project created: September 1, 2012
  • Finished: September 8, 2012
  • Updated: November 26, 2013