After seeing a few photos of this pattern, I thought it might look good upsized for an adult.
I like the top-down construction and the front-post double crochet stitches accenting the shoulders and sleeve increases. I stopped increasing at the shoulder after awhile because I do not want puffed sleeves. I also stopped increasing at the button band when the sweater seemed large enough after trying it on. I plan to decrease the sleeve portion and make longer sleeves.
For the body of the piece, I’ve echoed the front-post dc stitches for a more vertical look.
We’ll see how this turns out. I know it would look more pleasing in a solid color yarn, but I had the Bernat Mosaic on hand and wanted to try out this method.
OK…it’s done! I just need to block this sweater and add the buttons.
11/27/12 - Finally chose some buttons from my stash. They are dark and light brown leather buttons from my Dad’s old sport coats! I really like the feel of this cardigan. I will wear it all winter!