FiberHoundYarns > notebook > projects > Wedding Dress Demo

Project info
Wedding Dress Demo
#07 Mohair Lace Dress by Laura Zukaite
Knitting
Needle and yarn
US 6 - 4.0 mm
US 7 - 4.5 mm
US 9 - 5.5 mm
US 11 - 8.0 mm
Ultra Select Lace
496 yards in stash
Turquoise
Green
Notes

I used yarn that I dyed for this instead of the artyarns suggested, and it turned out very well (and considerably less expensive). I’m potentially interested in having this as a base pattern for a wedding dress, so I’m going to go through now and take notes on all of the things that I need to remember a few months from now.

The pattern, while an interesting design, has some flaws regarding specifics. I’m not going to blame the designer on this, because I don’t know if it was her choices or vogues on how the pattern ended up in the magazine.

They don’t specify any particular way of casting on, but I don’t think it was stretchy enough, so I’d be interested in finding a more stretchy cast on.

I didn’t do any of the color changes…..because there weren’t any with my yarn.

In chart 5 there’s something wrong with row 11. I don’t know what they intended precisely, but they decided to decrease the amount of stitches in the repeat before actually doing the decrease.

I really liked the inner bodice cabling and design, but I thought the outer lace area outside of the cabled double stranded area were sloppy. I want to change them to something cleaner, that would better match the front. I also think I want to alter how the neckline would be…but that’s a change I’ll have to figure out after I try it on.

(It’s currently being blocked.)

Update:

OMG. There’s a lot of expected problems with it, BUT I LOVE IT.

Other update:
I was blogged!
http://bitchesgetstitches.net/2012/08/23/westward-ho/

viewed 416 times | helped 1 person
Finished
July 1 2012
August 16 2012
About this pattern
#07 Mohair Lace Dress
by Laura Zukaite
from Vogue Knitting, Early Fall 2011
FiberHoundYarns' star rating
FiberHoundYarns' difficulty rating
25 projects, in 201 queues
  • Originally queued: June 29, 2012
  • Project created: July 17, 2012
  • Finished: August 16, 2012
  • Updated: November 11, 2012