Going up a needle size to get correct tension.
My post Christmas selfish knit! Only adding top three buttonholes rather than buttons all the way down - hoping I won’t regret this decision…
Main body completed in a week!
After three attempts at the lace pattern on cuff in the round I decided to knit the first 2 rows and lace set up back and forth before joining in the round - it only just fitted round the 40cm circular… (hate using magic loop for lace patterns - i always seem to end up with yo’s or decreased where the row splits…)
First sleeve completed with a few alterations. The sleeve was quite wide at the bottom - a style i loved when i was younger but just find annoying now so I decided to make a 3/4 length sleeve instead and adjusted the increases to suit.
Sleeves joined to body yesterday - all went well, pattern stitches lined up correctly and I had the right number of stitches in my needle ready to begin yoke . Result!
Arrrrggghhhh run out of kidsilk about 12 rows before finishing! Very frustrating as I shortened the sleeves and had hoped I’d have some left over!
And extra ball of kidsilk has arrived - this jacket WILL be finished very soon!
Just got to the dreaded “knit next row WHILST AT THE SAME TIME decrease 45 stitches evenly” bit of pattern. Took me best part of half hour to work it out but if you make this jacket in the same size (L/XL) this row is as follows:
Knit 6 (button band) k1 * k2tog k1 k2tog twice k1 * repeat - to last 6 stitches my (button band)
All finished in 4 weeks (would have been 3 if it wasn’t for pesky yarn running out issues!) so happy it’s done ☺
Delighted to be able to wear it and very glad I shortened the sleeves!