9-30-12 DONE! Single ribbing on armholes and neckline came out great after I went to picking up and knitting one stitch at a time as I worked my way around, instead of loading all the picked up stitches onto the needle.
5/20/12: SQUEEE! Done with body at last! On to seed stitch trim at waist, neck, armholes.
Swatch was 4.25 st per inch after washing. My first top-down sweater! CO 86 for back; shoulders were 28 each. For 20 inch back. Aded 8 st to back and 8 to front for chest. That leaves 4 more to CO when joing for knitting in the round. Gauge check now shows 5 st/ in. Grrr! Now must add 32 st total. Add 8 more per side plus 8 CO per side when I join in the round.
Good negative ease over busy and nice resultant nip in at waist with no shaping. Just realized that I am using 2 related Noro colorways, not one! I’ve added in some 172 Noro.